That is the Audi s8 plus. The sporty version of the Audi s8 looks like the standard car. But it has a more aggressive front end apparently s8 badges at the front and rear. New alloy wheels and quad exhaust pipes all pretty ordinary and if you’re doing your best right now to stifle a yawn. Then I wouldn’t blame you but that’s no ordinary car that might just be the best car in the world.
Oh yeah, now I know it might sound a little bit crazy but I’m going to break it down for you. I’m going to explain systematically what makes this car so good. What’s the one thing you need in a luxury car good suspension right good well. Howdy has got you covered with the best Audi s8 because this car uses the best suspension system.
I’ve ever seen bar none it has a camera that scans the road ahead. If it sees a speed bump it will actively lift the suspension in the air to virtually jump over the speed bump to show you how good the system is.
I’m going to do a live demonstration I have a little receptacle and I have a bottle of water. I’m going to fill it up with water and first of all how a normal car would tackle a speed bump without a predictive suspension system. Normal speeds I’ve got the cameras blocked off.
So the car can’t see this is probably a bad idea, water everywhere naturally. But what happens when we allow the system to work as it’s, supposed to time to engage comfort Plus mode and unblock the cameras to illustrate the difference.
Now let’s top up our little water receptacle and exactly how the Audi s8 tackles speed bumps. There’s one coming up right here. Now going at pretty much the exact same speed, in theory, it should just ride it watch.
How amazing is that what you’re seeing here might look like magic. But its reality the s8 Audi uses small electric motors to lower or lift the car within five-tenths of a second. Whenever it sees a bump effectively jumping over anything. It doesn’t like to look up the best suspension in the world quite probably.
Why Audi s8 plus is a luxury car?
What else do you need in a luxury car well you need it to be quite right. They’ve got you covered in that area to see most cars will use sound deadening material a bunch of foam and other stuff that basically stops the metal from resonating noise into the cabin. But this goes a step further they’ve also added foam into the tires to help reduce road noise.
If this car has pretensions to be the best car in the world it needs to go further and it does the s8 used active engine mounts. They can absorb vibration from the engine. So you don’t feel a thing on top of that, it uses active noise cancellation for microphones in the headlining listen for undesirable frequencies in the cabin.
While the speakers play a precisely opposing sound and the two waves cancel each other out that makes. The s8 Audi essentially a giant pair of very expensive headphones on wheels. So the technology in the Audi s8 is very clever. But it also makes your life easier on a day to day basis that fancy suspension isn’t just there to make it more comfortable going over speed bumps.
Audi s8 Plus interior design & various functions reviews
Audi s8 also does this when I open the doors it will raise the ride height by two inches to make it easier to get inside. It basically reduces the distance your bum has to travel before it reaches these gorgeous leather seats. Once you realize that the s8 Audi is much about driving as it is about being driven.
So there’s loads of room back here this is the short wheelbase version, but they also make a long-wheelbase model with even more space. It sounds practicality it’s not actually that good the door bins are quite small and even though you get a little bit of storage in the centre console.
It’s only really large enough for a mobile phone but there are two very stylish deployed cup holders. Maybe the coolest thing back here though is a little control panel that lives in the centre console you press a button. It deploys and allows you to control various settings in the back of the car including lights. Radio media playback the sound quality from the incredible Bang & Olufsen sound system. Even a set of blinders LD will fit as many or as few gadgets as you can.
Audi s8 for sale gadgets and function
Stomach in the back of your s8 Audi, these include rear-seat entertainment a fridge that can keep food warm, and drinks cold. A mobile espresso machine and a footrest that can give your tired feet a massage upfront are arguably just as impressive as the rear.
The materials are first-rate and the build quality is spot-on. However, there isn’t that much space to keep your stuff the door pockets are annoyingly small in the center compartment. There’s almost no space for anything. But you do get a wireless charging pad for your mobile phone and a couple of USB ports plus some cup holders.
Whatever the start of a show once again is a technology it’s all first-rate stuff in here. The entertainment and climate control are operated by touch with haptic feedback confirming every selection. The vents are motorized, open, and closed at the swipe of a finger. The B&O sound system is absolutely sublime and is especially effective in a car as quiet this as expected.
Audi s8 uses Ali’s virtual cockpit which lets you view your speed revs driving information as well as a huge map of your location and navigation instructions on the screen in front of you. It’s all very impressive. But as impressive as those gadgets might be the gadgets are not the thing that makes this car.
S8 Audi special options
So special is the thing that lives underneath the bonnet and what lives under the bonnet is a four-liter Biturbo v8 with 570 horsepower. The same engine you get in a Lamborghini it might look like a boring old luxury saloon. But it just goes that you wouldn’t believe it’s absolute animal naught to 60 happens in 3.8 seconds and if it wasn’t limited to 155. I wouldn’t be surprised if this thing wouldn’t hit 200. It’s that quick you put your foot down and it just explodes. It’s so quick this thing’s quicker than any Diablo.
It’s almost as quick as a URIs, it’s ridiculous and the torque is 650 Newton meters. So it always feels strong always feels willing to accelerate and just launch yourself on the horizon look at this thing. Here It looks like butter wouldn’t melt it’s quick enough to melt your face performance like this is 10 a penny of course almost everything these days is quick in a straight line.
But the s8 Audi loves a corner to that fancy suspension system doesn’t just help you over speed bumps. It also helps you through the bends leave it in comfort mode. The suspension will depend on how fast you’re traveling either keep the car as flat as possible to minimize body roll or at certain speeds.
Audi s8 Plus will actively lean into the corners it’s so weird to look at this, you go into a right-hand bend and it leans right you go into a left-hand bend it leans left. It’s such a big lump of a car the s8 you’ve got the power you’ve got the speed and you’ve got the suspension.
There are a couple of other tricks up, its sleeve one of them is all-wheel steering, and that works by turning the rear wheels in the opposite direction to the front wheels at low speeds or in the same direction at high speeds.
The effect is that it makes the car feel a lot more small and agile than you might expect and it really works. It’s a limo that does a really good impression of a supercar the s8 obviously uses outies Quattro system which gives you all-wheel drive with a 60-40 power split most power going to the rear. But then you’ve got the Audi sport differential and that can send almost all the torque from one wheel or the other on the rear axle how it works is.
When you’re in a corner it can send almost all the torque to the outside wheel to help the nose tuck in and minimize understeer. The car actually feels quite tail-happy it’s a really lovely and dynamic engaging car to drive this thing.
Audi s8 is the best car in the world, of course, depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking for a car that attracts attention that stands out then this luxury sleeper won’t be your cup of tea. But if you need a car that tries and for the most part succeeds in delivering a tremendously well-rounded driving experience.
- 20″ 5-double-spoke S design wheels
- Singleframe® grille
- S-model specific front/rear fasciae and side sills
- S-model quad exhaust outlets
- HD Matrix-design LED headlights with high-beam assist
- LED taillights with dynamic indicators
- Auto-dimming, power-folding, heated exterior side mirrors with memory
- LED turn signals integrated into the exterior side mirror housings
- Aluminum-optic exterior side mirror housings
- Aluminum trim around exterior side windows
- Power soft-closing doors
- Power trunk, open/close
- Anti-theft alarm system with immobilizer and interior motion and tilt sensors
- Black brake callipers (with S badging)
- Four-zone automatic climate control
- Active climate control shutters
- Heated four-spoke multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles (with S badging)
- Power tilt and telescopic adjustable steering column with memory
- Carbon Vector upper inlays and Dark Matte Brushed Aluminum lower inlays
- Carbon Vector gear selector
- Dual-pane acoustic glass
- Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror with digital compass
- Driver and front-passenger extendable sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Panoramic sunroof with blackout sunshades
- Alcantara® headliner
- Contour/Ambient LED interior lighting package—multicolor
- Aluminum-optic control buttons
- Valcona leather seats with diamond stitching
- Heated and ventilated 22-way power Comfort Sport front seats including power lumbar adjustment, seat memory and massage functions
- Driver and front passenger comfort x-adjustable head restraints
- Comfort front armrest
- Fine Nappa Leather Package (includes airbag cap, center console and door armrests)
- Air quality system (ionizer and aromatization)
- Illuminated Aluminum door sill inlays
- Power rear and rear side window sunshades
- Advanced Airbag Protection System with 9 airbags11
- Safety package front, with front center airbag and illuminated safety belt buckles
- Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) in rear seats
- Power central locking system with safety unlock feature if airbags deploy
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with secondary collision brake assist and traction control (ASR)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD) and brake assist
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Electromechanical parking brake
- Rearview camera
S8 Executive package
- HD Matrix-design LED headlights with Audi laser light and high-beam assist
- OLED taillights with animation
- Headlight washers
- Audi side assist and Audi pre sense® rear
- – with Rear cross-traffic assist
- – with Vehicle exit warning
Piano Black Interior package
- Piano Black upper inlays
- Piano Black roof grab handles
- Piano Black gear selector
21″ Wheel package
- 21″ 5-double-spoke S design wheels
- 265/35 summer performance tires
Gray Ceramic Brake package
- Gray Audi ceramic brakes, front and rear
Red Brake package
- Red brakes with S badging, front and rear
Black Optic package
- 20″ Audi Sport® 5-V-spoke-star design high-gloss anthracite black finish wheels
- 265/40 summer tires
- High-gloss Black exterior package and black exterior side mirror housings
Cold Weather package
- Front heated surfaces (Front door armrests and center console)
- Heated rear seats
- Adaptive windshield wiping system
Driver Assistance package
- Audi adaptive cruise assist
- – with Traffic Jam assist10
- – with Predictive Efficiency assist10
- Audi active lane assist with Emergency assist10
- Intersection assist10
- Traffic sign recognition10
- Audi pre sense® side10
Rear Seat Connectivity package
- Audi tablet rear-seat entertainment system (dual tablets)
- Rear seat DVD changer
- Audi music interface with two rear USB ports for data and charging
- Rear center console power outlet
Rear Seat Comfort package, 5-passenger
- Power outboard front and rear seats with lumbar adjustment (five-seat configuration)
- Heated and ventilated outboard rear seats with massage function
- Rear seat comfort head restraints
- Front passenger seat power adjustment from the rear seat
- Rear heated surfaces (Rear door armrests and center console)
- Rear seat smart remote control
- Rear Matrix LED reading lights
Rear Seat Comfort package, 4-passenger
Rear passenger relaxation seat with footrest and heated foot massage function (eliminates front passenger seat massage function and limits front passenger seat to 10-way power adjustment)
Heated and ventilated outboard rear seats with massage function
Power outboard rear seats with fixed leather-wrapped full-length center console (four-seat configuration)
Heated and ventilated 22-way power comfort front seats including lumbar adjustment, seat memory, and massage functions
Front and rear-seat comfort head restraints
Rear heated surfaces (Rear door armrests and center console)
Rear seat smart remote control
Rear Matrix LED reading lights
Folding productivity tables in the center console
Rear wedge-style floor footrests
Safety package, rear (center rear airbag and illuminated seat belt buckles)11
Black Alcantara® headliner
Full Leather package
Bang & Olufsen® 3D Advanced Sound System with 23 speakers, 23-channel amplifier and 1,920 watts
Night vision assistant with large animal and pedestrian detection
Engine block/Cylinder head
Displacement (cc)/Bore and stroke (mm)
3,996/86.0 x 86.0
48-volt Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle (MHEV) technology with recuperation
32-valve DOHC with Audi valvelift system and variable valve timing
Acceleration (0–60 mph)
Top track speed
Eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission with quattro® all-wheel drive
quattro® sport rear differential
ASF® multi-material body construction (steel, aluminum and carbon composition)
Five link front and rear suspension
Predictive active suspension
Ventilated front disc/Ventilated rear disc brakes (in)
Audi ceramic brakes (front and rear)
Dynamic all-wheel steering
Turning circle, curb-to-curb (ft)
Overall width with mirrors (in)
Overall width without mirrors (in)
Track, front/rear (in)
Curb weight (lb)
Drag coefficient (Cd)
Head room front (in)
Headroom rear (in)
Legroom front (in)
Legroom rear (in)
Shoulder room front (in)
Shoulder room rear (in)
Cargo volume, rear seatbacks up (cu ft)
5 (4 with Executive Rear Seating package)
EPA mileage estimates/Capacities
Fuel economy (city/highway/combined)
Engine oil (qt)
Minimum fuel grade required